Backing up your instace
- You should regullary backup your containers & data
- This is not backup advise for LXD, only LXDMosaic
There are a couple of ways to backup your LXDMosaic instance, if you have deployed the LXDMosaic application in a container, you can just copy the container to another LXD Host.
What needs backing up
- MySQL database
The database is the only part of this application that needs to be backed up. By backing it up your retain
- Cloud-config information stored in LXDMosaic
- Stats gathered about the fleets history (active containers, memory usage etc)
- Deployments information & configurations
The rest of the information is read directly from your LXD instances.
How to backup
The best way to backup would be to create a dump of the database like so:
mysqldump -u LXDMosaic_DB_User -p LXDMosaic_DB_Password LXD_Manager > BACKUP_Name.sql
You should then move the BACKUP_Name.sql to an offsite server / secure location